Institutional Members are accredited post-secondary institutions that demonstrate significant support for the production, use and/or promotion of Open Education.
Associate Consortium members are groups of Institutional or Organizational members who have formed into an Association based on common interests.
Associate Consortia must have a minimum of 5 Institutional or Organizational members affiliated with them to remain in good standing.
Organizational members are institutions or organizations that demonstrate significant support for the production, use and/or promotion of Open Education. Accredited post-secondary institutions may join as Institutional members.
Corporate members provide services or materials that further the mission of Open Education Global and direct support of the Consortium in the form of higher annual dues.
We are pleased to cooperate with institutions, organizations and corporations around the world as members of Open Education Global.
As part of this cooperation, we agree to the following:
- We will demonstrate significant commitment to Open Education, for example, through the production, use and promotion of Open Educational Resources. Such demonstration can include the development and maintenance of an Open Education website that features open content consistent with the definition of Open Education on Open Education Global website, significant incorporation of Open Educational Resources into institutional offerings, active promotion of Open Educational practice, or other activity consistent with Open Education Global’s mission and values.
- We will work with other members to develop best practices to promote the development and use of OER and Open Educational practices. Opportunities to participate in working groups, committees and communities of interest are organized by OEG to facilitate these efforts.
- We will pay annual membership dues. The schedule of membership fees per calendar year can be found on the OEG's website, and is subject to revision by the Consortium's Board of Directors and approved by active voting Members.
The applicable membership fee will be due upon the acceptance of our application as a member of Open Education Global.
As long as we adhere to the above criteria, we understand that Open Education Global will allow us to display Open Education Global logo on our Open Education website. The logo will link directly to Open Education Global website. Additionally, Open Education Global will feature our logo and profile in the members list on the website, which will link to our Open Education website or other open initiative web page. We understand that Open Education Global can require us to remove Open Education Global logo from any and all of our sites, and will remove our name and logo from its website, should we no longer meet the criteria above.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the Website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by the OEG, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your OEG Account. . If you create a user account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under or in connection with the account. You must not describe or assign keywords to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and the OEG may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause the OEG liability. You must immediately notify the OEG of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. The OEG will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, uploading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing) and does not contain false-factual information in such a way that the reader may not understand the veracity of the Content;
- the Content is not pornographic, libelous or defamatory, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your account is not named in a manner that misleads others into thinking that you are another person or organization. For example, your user name is not the name of a person other than yourself or an organization other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by the OEG or otherwise.
- License. By submitting Content to the OEG for inclusion on the Website, you grant the OEG a perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of promoting Open Educational Resources. If you delete Content, the OEG will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable
- Removal. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, the OEG has the right (though not the obligation) to, in the OEG’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in the OEG’s sole discretion, violates any OEG policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in the OEG’s sole discretion. The OEG will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. The OEG has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, the OEG does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. The OEG disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which oeconsortium.org links, and that link to oeconsortium.org. The OEG does not have any control over those non-OEG websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-OEG website or webpage, the OEG does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The OEG disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-OEG websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As OEG asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by oeconsortium.org violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify the OEG. The OEG will respond to all such notices, including, but not limited to, as required or as may be deemed appropriate by the OEG, removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of the OEG or others, the OEG may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, the OEG will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to the OEG.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from the OEG to you any OEG or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with the OEG. Any Content licensed for your reproduction or other use is clearly designated by the appropriate Creative Commons license. Otherwise, oeconsortium.org, the OEG logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with oeconsortium.org, or the Website are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the OEG or its licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any OEG or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. The OEG reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The OEG may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. The OEG may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your OEG account, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". The OEG and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither the OEG nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will the OEG, or its suppliers, licensors, affiliates, successors or assigns be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to the OEG under this Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. The OEG shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the OEG, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to the Content you upload to the Website, your violation of this Agreement or in the event any of the representations or warranties is or shall be untrue or misleading in any respect.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the OEG and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of the OEG, or by the posting by the OEG of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled final and binding arbitration in Middlesex County, Massachusetts by the American Arbitration Association under its rules and procedures in effect at the time of submission and the judgment upon the award entered shall be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. If any party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against the party notwithstanding its failure to appear. The parties hereby agree to share equally in the cost of said arbitration, except that in the discretion of the arbitrator, any award may include the cost of a party's counsel if the arbitrator expressly determines that the party against whom the award is entered has caused the dispute, controversy or claim to be submitted to arbitration as a frivolous or dilatory action. The arbitration shall take place in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; the OEG may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
In order to comply with this act, as well as other possible protections in other countries, we are now requiring that you acknowledge that you are age 13 or older in order to procede with any activity on our website that involves storage of personal information. Please verify this below.
Institutional Membership Application Form
We appreciate the interest in having your organization join Open Education Global (OEGlobal) at an institutional level and added to our world wide membership (see full details on institutional membership). Note that if you are seeking to apply as an individual, please use the Individual Membership Application instead of the form below.
The information you enter below will help us learn more about your organization and its interests in open education. Once accepted as a member, this will be used for the initial version of your institution's OEGlobal profile.
Once your application is submitted, one of our team will follow up with a welcome message of acceptance, or in some circumstances, a request for more information.
We are excited to see your interest in being part of OEGlobal. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.